Plant sampling for sap testing.
It is important to take a good representative sample from your crop, selecting actively
growing parts of the plants.
Be consistent in your sample collection method:
- Sample at the same time of the day- early morning is the best.
- Mark your sampling area if subsequent samples will be sent.
Plant Parts to sample:
- whole tops up until tillering
- after tillering 10cm of basal stem
- rosette stage- youngest expanded leaf
- later stages 3rd to 4th leaf from growing tip
- remove leaf blade and send in petioles ( mid rib )
Do not include roots or soil with your samples
- select youngest side shoots - send in entire shoots with leaves
Sending the samples:
Plant Sap Tissue Submission form
Plant Sap Tissue Order form
- place plant samples into a clean zip lock plastic bag
- if there is any delay in sending the samples, please refrigerate but do not freeze.
- label bags clearly with sample name / crop type / growth stage.
- Fill out an APAL submission and Order form - link below
- Send samples by courier or Express Post.